The historical remote Mustang trek region is also known as the Last Forbidden Kingdom, since the region was restricted for outsiders until Nepal Government announced the opening of the restricted areas in October 1991. It lies just north of the main Himalayan range of Nepal. Mustang is a land where the soul of the man is still considered to be as real as the feet he walks on a land said to be "barren as a dead deer" but where beauty and happiness around inspite of hardship of the Tibetan Kingdom of Gungthang until 1830's. The wall city of ‘Lo Monthang’ is unofficial capital of Mustang still remains a kingdom within a kingdom. The early history to ‘Lo Monthang’ is embellished in myth and legend rather than the recorded fact. The city wall and the four storey palace in Lo-Manthang are some of the beautiful architectures of Mustang region. Mustang has maintained its status as a separate principality until 1951. The king of ‘Lo Monthang’ still retains his title and he has been given the honorary rank of Colonel in the Nepal army.
Trekking in Mustang was officially opened in 1992. It allows limited numbers of trekkers each year in order to protect and conserve the local Tibetan tradition and the fragile environment. A trek into this fabled, big and forbidden kingdom is consists of grid valley, eroded canyons, ochre valley, yak caravans, colourful-painted mud brick houses on the back dropped of majestic mountain of Nilgiri, Tukche, Annapurna and Dhaulagiri that makes your medieval walled kingdom Mustang trekking a very especial one.
- Pick up and transfer by car from Airport-Hotel-Airport.
- 2 nights accommodation in Kathmandu at good hotel and one night at Pokhara.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner with tea/coffee during the trek.
- Local lodges accommodation during the trek.
- Government licensed guides, plus experienced porters ( including their food, salary, accommodation, equipment, medicine & insurance).
- All local transportation.
- Pokhara ~Jomsom~Pokhara Both way flight ticket.
- Pokhara~Kathmandu flight ticket
- All necessary permits and entry fees including Upper Mustang Trekking Permit.
- All government taxes.
- Necessary equipment (sleeping bags, down jackets, walking sticks etc. if needed
- Our service charge.
- All expenses of personal nature
- Personal travel insurance
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Helicopter rescue incase needed
- Medicine as well as in trekking
- International airport taxes
- Tips for staff
- Laundry, phone calls
- Bar bills, Mineral water, Sweety, candy