Rolwaling means ‘the furrow left by the plough’ which is a quiet mountain and steep-walled valley as its name suggest. Rolwaling valley situated between the Everest and Langtang region is rich in cultural heritage. Rolwaling trekking is one of the strenuous trek that takes us in to the wilderness part of Nepal. Rolwaling area offers splendid views of Himalayan peaks such as Mt. Everest, Langtang, Jugal Himal, Mt. Gauri Shanker, Shishapangma, Cho Oyu and other several peaks. The primary attraction of Rolwaling trek is the beautiful Tsho-Rolpa Lake. It is rugged yet beautiful area rarely visited unlike its neighboring Himalayas of Khumbu and offers lots of mountaineering challenges to the adventurer.
The trek to Rolwaling involves crossing of high pass Trashi Labtsa (5,755m) and the climbing of Parcharmo (6,273m) and it is a must to equip oneself with mountaineering gear (to be brought by the trekkers). The trail starts from Charikote, which is a day’s drive away from Kathmandu then it leads up along the Tama Koshi river banks under the shadow of Mt. Gauri Shanker (7,145m), the holy mountain to Bhote Koshi river. From Simigaon, the trail turns right along Rolwaling Khola running deeply below ahead and aparting from the old trade route to Tibet. Views of Melungtse (7,181m) appear proceeding further through the village of Beding (3,690m) with its monastery. From the village of Na (4,183m) the trail ascends through grass-covered valley to Tso Rolpa then traversing the moraine on the north side of the valley onto the snout of the Tram Bau Glacier, which feeds the Rolwaling river. The route up Prachormo is highly crevasseous. After assault, the trail drops to Thame, from where the route along Bhote Koshi river leads to Namche Bazaar and onto Lukla for flight to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Singati (9hrs)
Day 02: Singati trek to Jagat (6 hrs)
Day 03: Jagat trek to Simi gaon (6 hrs)
Day 04: Simi Gaon trek to Dong Kharka (6hrs)
Day 05: Dong Kharka trek to Beding (6 hrs)- (3700m)
Day 06: Beding- Rest Day for Acclimatization
Day 07: Beding trek to Na (4 hrs)- (4200m)
Day 08: Na trek to olpa Lak Tsho Re (4 hrs)- (4534m)
Day 09: Rest day
Day 10: Tsho Rolpo Lake trek to Khabu Glacier (7 hrs)- (4700m)
Day 11: Khabu Glacier trek to Phedi (6 hrs)- (5200m)
Day 12: Phedi- Tashi Lapcha pass (5800m)- Next phedi (6 hrs)-(4800m)
Day 13: Next phedi trek to Thame (5 hrs)
Day 14: Thame trek to Namche (5 hrs)
Day 15: Namche trek to Lukla (7hrs)
Day 16: Lukla fly to Kathmandu
- Gaurisankar Conservation area project (ACAP) Permit and TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) card.
- Kathmandu -Singati by bus
- Lukla - Kathmandu by flight
- sagarmatha national par permit
- All the meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- One English speaking trekking guide.
- Guide: foods, accommodation, insurance, salary,transportation and equipment etc.
- Seasonal fresh fruit such as Pomegranate, Banana, Apple etc.
- First Aids Kid.
- Duffel Bag if require.
- 13% Government VAT and official expense.
Cost Exluds :
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Hotels and meals in Kathmandu (We arrange Hotel if you ask) .
- Your Trekking gears.
- All the drinks like Coke, Fanta, mineral water, juice, beer etc.
- Tips for Guide and Porters.