Langtang valley trekking is also popular as "the valley of glaciers trek". Langtang is the closest place where you could get the massive snow capped mountains and beautiful glaciers. This valley is located only 19 miles away from the north of Kathmandu. The whole valley is dominated by Mount Langtang Lirung (7246m) and offers pine forest, swift mountain streams, rugged rock and snow-capped peaks, grassy down and meadows.
Langtang valley trekking takes 8 hours drive from Kathmandu. The initial point of trekking is Syabru Bensi. From Syabru Bensi you will follow the Langtang river to the east until you get to Kyangin Gompa (3,049) with overnight stay at Lama Hotel, Langtang valley respectively. On the fourth day you will arrive at Langtang valley. In this valley besides natural wonders, you will also visit local Tibetan village and can see their traditional lifestyle. The final destination of this trekking is Kyanjin Gompa (temple). In this gompa, you can visit ancient Buddhist monastery and glaciers. Then you stay one more day here and on next day you get an opportunity to ascend Kyangjin Ri [4350m]. From the top of this mountain you will get 360 degree mountain views. From Kyangjin, you retrace your route back down to the valley of Syabru Besi and then drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi 2100m approx 7-8 hours drive.
Day 02: Trek to Riverside 2042m or Bamboo Approx 5 hours walk.
Day 03: Trek to Ghoretabela 2880m approx 5 hours walk.
Day 04: Trek to Langtang village 3307m approx 3 hours walk.
Day 05: Trek to Kyngin Gompa 3749m Approx 3-4 hours.
Day 06: Rest-Day for acclimatization at leisure for hike around.
Day 07: Trek to Lama Hotel 2350m 6-7 hours walk.
Day 08: Trek to Upper Syabru village 2118m, 5-6 hours walk.
Day 09: Trek to Dhunche 1750m, 5-6 hours walk.
Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu, 6-7 hrs rides.
Cost includs :
- Langtang national park Permit and TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) card.
- Ground transport by public bus or private Car/ Jeep/Van.
- All the meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- One English speaking trekking guide.
- Guide: foods, accommodation, insurance, salary,transportation and equipment etc.
- Seasonal fresh fruit such as Pomegranate, Banana, Apple etc.
- First Aids Kid.
- Duffel Bag if require.
- 13% Government VAT and official expense.
Cost excluds :
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Hotels and meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara (We arrange Hotel if you ask) .
- Your Trekking gears.
- All the drinks like Coke, Fanta, mineral water, juice, beer etc.
- Tips for Guide and Porters.