Jomsom Muktinath Trek is another wonderful short days trekking in the territory of Annapurna Conservation Area of Nepal which is one of the most famous trek among all trek in Nepal. The trek is maximum altitude of 3800m (12,464 ft) and can be completed by most of people with a moderate level of fitness. Continuing along the Kali Gandaki River Gorge, marvel at the splendid peaks of Annapurna-I and Dhaulagiri both reach heights in excess of 8000m (26,240 ft) and explore the hundreds of years old monastery, caves, local tribes and scenic beauties of the different landscapes. It make an adventure starting from world's deepest gorge Kali Gandaki Region into world's highest regions passing through an almost tree-less barren landscape, a steep rocky trail up and down hill and panoramic views of Nilgiri, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and several other peaks. The starting days of the trek through the Annapurna region ascends through rice terraces and villages inhabited by the indigenous people, mostly the Gurungs.
The trek gets interesting in Tatopani where you will have the opportunity to relax in natural hot springs. Then the trek follows towards Jomsom and Kagbeni, the entry point of upper Mustang Region. The grandeur of the Dhaulagiri Glacier is on show a little further up along with the first glimpse of the windy Tibetan Plateau on the way to the holy Hindu pilgrimage site of Muktinath (3800m/12,464 ft). The sacred temple has 108 waterfalls that resemble water flowing from taps and mysterious natural gas fires that boggle the mind. From here it is downhill to Jomsom village on the Tibetan Plateau where you can look around at the gateway to the "Forbidden Kingdom of Mustang", and get a glimpse of the ancient traditions still in practice. A flight will bring you to Pokhara in following day from where we make a few hours drive through the green mountains to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Fly to Pokhara [823m/2,700ft] and Trek to Tikhendhunga [1,552m/5,090ft]: 4-5 hrs
Day 02: Tikhedhunda to Ghorepani [2,750m/9,020ft]: 6-7 hrs
Day 03: Ghorepani to Tatopani [1,190m/3,904ft]: 5-6 hrs
Day 04: Tatopani to Ghasa [2,110m/6,922ft]: 5-6 hrs
Day 05: Ghasa to Marpha [2,680m/8,792ft]: 4-5hrs
Day 06: Marpha to Kagbeni [2,810/9,218ft]: 4-5 hrs
Day 07: Kagbeni to Muktinath [3,710m/12,170ft]: 5-6 hrs
Day 08: Muktinath to Jomsom [2,715m/8,910ft]: 5-6 hrs
Day 09: Jomsom to Pokhara by flight/ Drive
Day 10: Drive to Kathmandu.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project Permit and TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) card.
- All the meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- One English speaking trekking guide.
- Guide: foods, accommodation, insurance, salary,transportation and equipment etc.
- Seasonal fresh fruit such as Pomegranate, Banana, Apple etc.
- First Aids Kid.
- Duffel Bag if require.
- 13% Government VAT and official expense.
Cost Exluds :
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Hotels and meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara (We arrange Hotel if you ask) .
- Internal flight or Bus
- Your Trekking gears.
- All the drinks like Coke, Fanta, mineral water, juice, beer etc.
- Tips for Guide and Porters.