Helambu is the closest at 75km towards north-east region from the Kathmandu valley. It is inhabited by Tamang and Sherpa in the upper section. The warm and friendly people of Helambu are mostly Buddhists. We also find many Buddhist Monasteries, unique and enchanting landscape, dense rhododendron forest and age-old traditional culture. It provides typical glimpse of village lifestyle in Nepal. The Tamang and Sherpa villages of Helambu in north of Kathmandu valley presents an easy getaway. This area because of its low elevation and the Sherpa villages make it an interesting 6 day loop. Starting with a short drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal the trail to Helambu climbs on to the Shivapuri ridge from where there are sweeping views of the central Himalayas. The additional attractions of the trek are the spectacular views of the Langtang (7245m), Ganesh Himal (7405m), Dorje Lhakpa (6990m) and other small mountains of Langtang Himalayan range. Following a ridge-line the trek heads north to Thare Pati before turning east to Melamchi Gaon and Tarke Gyang the principle villages of this area. Trek end at Timbu, and you will drive back to Kathmandu
Day 01: Drive to Sundarijal & trek to Chisapani (2300m/7544 ft): Drive 1 hour, Trek: 4 hours
Day 02: Trek from Chisopani to Kutumsang (2446m/8022ft): 7 hours
Day 03: Trek from Kutumsang to Thadepati (3650m/11972ft): 6 hours
Day 04: Trek to Tarkeghyang (2560m/8397ft): 6 hours
Day 05: Trek to Sermathang (2,610m/8,563ft): 3/4 hr
Day 06: Trek to Melamchi Puul Bazaar, Drive to Kathmandu: 3/4 hrs trek/ 2 hr drive
- Shivapuri National park Permit and TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) card.
- Kathmandu - Sundarijal and Melamchi- Kathmandu by bus
- All the meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- One English speaking trekking guide.
- Guide: foods, accommodation, insurance, salary,transportation and equipment etc.
- Seasonal fresh fruit such as Pomegranate, Banana, Apple etc.
- First Aids Kid.
- Duffel Bag if require.
- 13% Government VAT and official expense.
Cost Exluds :
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Hotels and meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara (We arrange Hotel if you ask) .
- Your Trekking gears.
- All the drinks like Coke, Fanta, mineral water, juice, beer etc.
- Tips for Guide and Porters.