The Ganesh Himal can be viewed from the north of Kathmandu city. The name for Ganesh Himal is taken from the Hindu god ‘Ganesh’, whose head looks like that of elephant. In fact, the south face of Ganesh Himal is more or less shaped with an elephant’s trunk. The Ganesh Range Peaks (Ganesh I, Ganesh II, Ganesh III, Ganesh IV) stand out like crystal, that is the "Great Himalayan Chain" forming the skyline. This great Himalayan massif is lies between the valley of the Buri Gandaki in the west and Bhote Koshi in the east, which becomes Trishuli Khola in the lower section. This peak ranges the height of 7,422m (24,350 ft) from the sea level.
Trekking in Ganesh himal region is beautiful and full of natural splendor which is enriched with its rich Flora: the impressive display of berberis, primula, orchids and a variety of Ferns, the valleys set ablaze by yellow blossoms of double Jasmine, the forest dense with Spanish oak, blue pine, and in spring time blossoming of the rhododendron set whole forest alight in spectacular arrays of color. The trekking route passes through quite Tamang villages, hot spas, gorges and glaciers, the black and white lakes, the waterfalls- Ganga and Jamuna, an amazing array of beautiful peaks and mountains and magnificent sceneries. Ganesh Himal Trekking can be organized only by camping.
Day 01: Kathmandu- Salangkhu Khola (680m) by Bus
Day 02: Salangkhu Khola-Kipchet Village (2140m)
Day 03: Kipchet Village – Gonga (3240m )
Day 04: Acclimatization rest at Gonga
Day 05: Gonga –Rupchet Kharka (4040m )
Day 06: Rupchet - Singla - Sertung Kharka (2480m)
Day 07: Serthung Kharka – Laba Dovan 1340m
Day 08: Laba Dovan- Khading village (2660m)
Day 09: Khading village - Nauban Kharka (2500m)
Day 10: Nauban Kharka - Maghgoun (1500m)
Day 11: Maghgoun- Arughat Bazaar (530m)
Day 12: Arughat - Khanchowk Danda
Day 13: Khanchowk Danda – Gorkha (950m)
Day 14: Gorkha – Kathmandu by Bus
- National park Permit and TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) card.
- Kathmandu - Salangkhu Khola and Gorkha- Kathmandu by bus
- All the meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- One English speaking trekking guide.
- Guide: foods, accommodation, insurance, salary,transportation and equipment etc.
- Seasonal fresh fruit such as Pomegranate, Banana, Apple etc.
- First Aids Kid.
- Duffel Bag if require.
- 13% Government VAT and official expense.
Cost Exluds :
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Hotels and meals in Kathmandu (We arrange Hotel if you ask) .
- Your Trekking gears.
- All the drinks like Coke, Fanta, mineral water, juice, beer etc.
- Tips for Guide and Porters.