Upper Dolpo & Shey Gompa trek is a fascinating and wonderful place for trekking in the Far North Western Region. This great adventure trip begins with a scenic flight to Nepal’s south west low area at Nepalgunj and also by short flight to the Himalayan North Mid Hills at Jhupal in Dolpo. Then we will head towards north through magnificent remote country side, farm villages and valleys with fabulous scenery of snow capped peaks of Dolpo and Tibetan mountain ranges. Then will arrive at our adventure destination at Shey Gompa via Lake Phokshundo or Ringmo pristine, turquoise lake within its Nepal largest Dolpo National Park. The views and scenery, tranquility of this region is awesome including forest and landscapes, with overnight stop at Phokshundo. There is time for two nights to explore around this magnificent lake and traditional villages, and Kanjibro Himal that surrounded by the snow capped peaks, with time to visit the nearby isolated village of Ringmo and Shey Gompa and other old Monasteries.
After a wonderful time at Shey Gompa the Crystal Monastery we will return to Juphal by an alternative route offering you the best route of this beautiful country via Saldang La ( 5200m ), Yangze Gompa (4960m), Jeng-la ( 5090 m), Tokyu Gaon (4200m) and to Dho Tarap (4040m), meeting wonderful places, people, villages, valleys and serene forest of pines, oaks and rhododendrons, the trek passes many gigantic mountain ranges and over the Numala pass at 5400m till the treks ends at Jhupal to Lower Dolpo & Lake Phokshundo concludes with a memorable journey with a flight back to Kathmandu from Nepalgunj.
Day 01: Fly Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and overnight there.
Day 02: Fly Nepalgunj to Juphal and walk to Dunai
Day 03: Trek Dunai to Sulighat
Day 04: Trek Sulighat to Chhepka
Day 05: Trek Chhekpa to Ringmo
Day 06: Rest day in Ringmo
Day 07: Trek Ringmo to Chabluk Phu
Day 08: Trek Chabluk Phu to a camp under Ngongda La
Day 09: Cross the pass and trek to Shey Gompa
Day 10: In Shey Gompa for exploration
Day 11: Trek Shey Gompa to Namgung
Day 12: Trek Namgung to Saldang
Day 13: In Saldang for exploration
Day 14-21: Trek back to Juphal
Day 22: Fly Juphal to Nepalgung; then Nepalgunj to Kathmandu
What are Included?
- Upper dolpo special Permit and TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) card.
- Kathmandu- Nepalgunj - Kathmandu Flight
- Nepalgunj - Juphal - Nepalgunj Flight
- All the meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- One English speaking trekking guide.
- Guide: foods, accommodation, insurance, salary,transportation and equipment etc.
- Seasonal fresh fruit such as Pomegranate, Banana, Apple etc.
- First Aids Kid.
- Duffel Bag if require.
- 13% Government VAT and official expense.
What are Excluded?
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Hotels and meals in Kathmandu (We arrange Hotel if you ask)
- Your Trekking gears.
- All the drinks like Coke, Fanta, mineral water, juice, beer etc.
- Tips for Guide and Porters.