This trekking trail is known as an ancient trade route that is used by local people to transport agricultural products from Namche Bazaar to Tibet across via the Nangpa la pass. This trek begins from Tumlingtar and follows the Arun River until we turn into the Irkhu Khola valley, which is also popular for its natural paper products. This valley takes us towards the Salpa. The Salpa Pass trail is an interesting part in which we have to walk into the Khumbu (Everest) region following the unique ecology of the Pass towards the holy lake Salpa Pokhari. Friendly and naive villagers with beautiful waterfalls takes us to the second pass of the trek - the Surkie La. Rai and Sherpa people settled in this wonderland of isolated since a long time back .This area is renowned for its Tungba which is Sherpa local made alcoholic drink (local beer). The highest trekking point in this route is Salpa Banjang at 3800m high and the highest camp site is at Salpa Kharka at 3600m. This trek is almost easy which offers various superb views of Mera Peak, Everest, Makalu, and so on. Many others at mighty height above the paddy fields, and dark forests. This is called as the gateway to Makalu-Barun National park.
Day 01: Kathmandu to Tumlingtar by flight and trek to Chewabesi 600m.
Day 02: Chewabesi to Ghothe Bazar 1700m.
Day 03: Gothe Bazar to Jhaubari (jaubarui) 1900m. Between Phedi and Salpa Bhanjang because it is good for next day.
Day 04: Jhaubari to Sonam 2500m. After crossing the Salpa Bhangang
Day 05: Sonam to Bung 2000m.
Day 06: Bung to Ghai Kharka (Gai Kharaka) 3500m.
Day 07: Ghai Kharka to Dodh pokhari 4765m.
Day 08: Dodh pokhari 4765m. Rest
Day 09: Dodh pokhari to Kote 4700m.
Day 10: Kot to Zetra –la pass and over night
Day 11: Trek down to Lukla
Day 12: Fly back to Kathmandu
- Makalu Barun National Park Project Permit and TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) card.
- All the meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- One English speaking trekking guide.
- Guide: foods, accommodation, insurance, salary,transportation and equipment etc.
- Seasonal fresh fruit such as Pomegranate, Banana, Apple etc.
- First Aids Kid.
- Duffel Bag if require.
- 13% Government VAT and official expense.
Cost Exluds :
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Hotels and meals in Kathmandu (We arrange Hotel if you ask) .
- Internal flight or Bus
- Your Trekking gears.
- All the drinks like Coke, Fanta, mineral water, juice, beer etc.
- Tips for Guide and Porters.